- While dark colors are better for accenting recessed areas and highlighting details
- Use items in a room to give hints when choosing color.
- Pick a piece of furniture, art or a pillow for inspiration. Select the dominant color and see what other colors work well with it
- Connecting rooms should share color elements. For example, use the same color on moulding in adjoining rooms to unify an open space
- Use light and dark colors to create interest. Attractive architectural features, such as , moulding and columns, can be emphasized by painting them a darker or lighter color
- Consider the type of flooring in your home. The color of the carpet or hardwood flooring plays an important role in the feel of a room and can affect how a color appears room painter near me
How light affects color
- The quality of natural light changes the appearance of colors throughout the day
- Direct sunlight provides a constant light source and maintains color consistency
- Sunlight varies from morning to noon to dusk. Colors appear more golden in the morning and as the sun sets
- North facing rooms get less direct sunlight, and the light tends to be cool (blue/green).
- South facing rooms receive more direct sunlight, and the light tends to be warmer (yellow/orange). So, balance color by using warm colors in north facing rooms and cool colors in south facing rooms
- Artificial light can change colors depending on the type of bulb
- Incandescent, or standard light bulbs, are more yellow than natural light and can give a warm , golden glow to colors
- Fluorescent, or sealed tube lights, come in several color variations.
- Warm fluorescent bulbs bring out reds and other warm colors. Cool fluorescent bulbs highlight blues and other cool colors.
- Color corrected fluorescent bulbs provide a more accurate appearance of a color
- Halogen bulbs give a crisp, white light that affects colors less than other bulbs room painter near me
Goormastic Painting LLC is prepared for you and your family.
Moreover, we are on top of the most current information available to businesses regarding Covid.